The RV Friendly program is a Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Limited (CMCA) initiative aimed at assisting recreational vehicle (RV) consumers as they journey throughout this wonderful country. This includes motorhomers, campervaners and caravanners.
We support freedom of choice when camping overnight and believes that RV travellers should have access to an appropriate accommodation mix, such as low cost and commercial options. This includes greater access to state and national parks, the development of regional and rural rest areas, and access to community land.
The RV Friendly Town™ and RV Friendly Destination programs offer business owners the opportunity to be innovative in meeting the needs of RV tourists, while at the same time growing their businesses.
The RV Friendly Town™ program is a Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Limited (CMCA) initiative aimed at assisting recreational vehicle (RV) consumers as they journey throughout this wonderful country. This includes motorhomers, campervaners and caravanners.
An RV Friendly Town™ is one that has met a set of guidelines to ensure they provide a certain amount of amenities, and a certain level of services for these travellers. When RV tourists enter a town displaying the RV Friendly Town™ sign, they know they will be welcome, certain services will be provided for them that may not be available in other centres, and they will have access to a safe place to stay overnight, and possibly for a longer period.
CMCA will promote the RV Friendly Town™ by dedicating one page to the town on the Club website, publishing a one-off article on the town in the Club’s monthly magazine, The Wanderer , and listing the town in each edition of the magazine.
CMCA will also offer the council 2 x 600mm x 690mm roadside ‘RV Friendly’ signs free of charge. These signs will display the abbreviated ‘RV’ symbol, followed by the words ‘Friendly Town™’. How does a town qualify? Before any town can be appointed to the program, there is a set of guidelines that must be met, which includes:
• Provision of appropriate parking within the town centre, with access to a general shopping area for groceries and fresh produce.
• Provision of short term, low cost overnight parking (24/48 hours) for self-contained recreational vehicles, as close as possible to the CBD.
• Access to potable water.
• Access to a free dump point at an appropriate location.
• Provision of long term parking for self-contained recreational vehicles.
• Access to medical facilities or an appropriate emergency service.
• Access to a pharmacy or a procedure to obtain pharmaceutical products.
• Visitor Information Centre (VIC) with appropriate parking facilities.
• VIC to provide a town map showing essential facilities, such as short and long term parking areas, dump point and potable water.
• RV Friendly Town™ signs to be erected within the town precinct.
The RV Friendly Destination program is a Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Limited (CMCA) initiative aimed at assisting small towns that are not able to meet the criteria of the CMCA RV Friendly Town™ program. Local Government / Councils, Progress Associations and businesses can participate by selecting a suitable site within the town to become the RV Friendly Destination.
The essential and desirable criteria are listed below and applications are available from CMCA National Headquarters.
• Provision of short term, low cost overnight parking (24/48 hours) for self-contained recreational vehicles (RVs).
• The parking area needs to be on a solid, level surface.
• There must be enough room for large vehicles to manoeuvre.
• If the nominated site is for a campground then it needs to be well maintained and offer facilities such as BBQ area and or covered seating etc for the benefit of the RV traveller.
• A waste water dump point.
• Potable water.
• Longer term parking
Want to know more?
Contact National Headquarters P: 02 4978 8788 F: 02 4978 8799 E: email@example.com
Click HERE for full details on RVFT's
Click HERE for full details on RVFD's