The RV Friendly program is a Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia Limited (CMCA) initiative aimed at assisting recreational vehicle (RV) consumers as they journey throughout this wonderful country. This includes motorhomers, campervaners and caravanners.
We support freedom of choice when camping overnight and believes that RV travellers should have access to an appropriate accommodation mix, such as low cost and commercial options. This includes greater access to state and national parks, the development of regional and rural rest areas, and access to community land.
The RV Friendly Town™ and RV Friendly Destination programs offer business owners the opportunity to be innovative in meeting the needs of RV tourists, while at the same time growing their businesses.
An RV Friendly Town™ is one that has met a set of guidelines to ensure they provide a certain amount of amenities, and a certain level of services for these travellers. When RV tourists enter a town displaying the RVFT sign, they know they will be welcome, certain services will be provided for them that may not be available in other centres, and they will have access to a safe place to stay overnight, and possibly for a longer period.
- Provision of appropriate parking within the town centre, with access to a general shopping area for groceries and fresh produce.
- Provision of short term, low cost overnight parking (24/48 hours) for self-contained RVs, as close as possible to the CBD.
- Access to potable water.
- Access to a free dump point at an appropriate location.
- Provision of long term parking for self-contained RVs.
- Access to medical facilities or an appropriate emergency service.
- Access to a pharmacy or a procedure to obtain pharmaceutical products.
- Visitor Information Centre (VIC) with appropriate parking facilities.
- VIC to provide a town map showing essential facilities, such as short and long term parking areas, dump point and potable water.
- RV Friendly Town™ signs to be erected within the town precinct.
An RV Friendly Destination is often a small town, club, oval, showground, scenic attraction or business that is not able to meet the full criteria of the CMCA RV Friendly Town™ program. Councils, progress associations and businesses can apply to participate by completing an application form, which is available from CMCA National Headquarters (NHQ).
- Provision of short term, low cost overnight parking (24/48 hours) for self-contained RVs.
- The parking area needs to be on a solid, level surface.
- There must be enough room for large vehicles to manoeuvre.
- A waste water dump point.
- Potable water.
- Longer term parking.
Want to know more?
Contact National Headquarters P: 02 4978 8788 F: 02 4978 8799 E: firstname.lastname@example.org